Sunday, March 13, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge- Playing Catch Up!- Day 18

Day 18- A Photo From Your Favorite Holiday

This is a tie between Christmas and Thanksgiving. Christmas for my family has always been a 3 day event spending Christmas Eve with my Grandma and Grandpa Krysl after going to church, spending Christmas Day at my Grandma Padilla's with my mom's side of the family and spending the day after Christmas with the whole Krysl side at Grandma and Grandpa's again. Padilla Christmas consists of opening presents all together in Grandma's living room and eating her famous spaghetti with her homemade sauce and homemade meatballs. Krysl Christmas consists of lots of noise, we usually play some games, a dance show (yes, we, the cousins, make up a dance and show it off) eat Grandpa's homemade soups and chili and if you are over 21 you can participate in the Santa Steal Exchange.
This year, I also was excited to add a little more to my Christmas celebration by spending time with Dustin and his family! We spent Christmas Eve, Eve with his mom's side of the family and Christmas Eve with his dad's side. It was a lot of fun and I was so thankful that I was included!

Thanksgiving is also one of my favorite holidays! When I was born (I am the oldest and was the first grandchild born on both sides) my parent's decided to start hosting Thanksgiving for my mom's side and my dad's side, at their house. As the family has grown so has the table and this past Thanksgiving there were 36 people at the table for the holiday! The food is delicious (everyone brings something) but what makes the dinner even more special is our grace. Everyone shares something they are thankful for and then we thank the Lord for the food and for being together and we ask him to bless our meal and time together. It is a special tradition and I love the time together.

Valentine's Day is another special holiday for my family, but I don't have any pictures of our family's Valentine's Day tradition. Ever since I can remember, my mom has always made a Valentine's Day breakfast, complete with a red table cloth on the table, heart shaped pancakes, red cranberry juice, a little goodie bag and a Valentine from her and my dad. For my family, Valentine's Day has always been about taking the day to really celebrate the love we have for one another. Now, don't get me wrong, we celebrated love everyday in my house, with "I Love You"s, hugs and kisses, but Valentine's Day we celebrated it even a little more, by taking the time to eat a special breakfast together as a family. This year, all of the significant others were included in the Valentine's Day breakfast, which meant a lot to my parents and to each of the siblings who are dating those significant ones! :)

Well now you all know all about my favorite holidays! Thanks for reading!!

Love,

Em

No comments: