Friday, November 21, 2008

Back in the Midwest!

I was sent to visit our Alpha Xi Delta Chapter at Kansas State University from November 12 to November 16. I had a great time working with the women in the chapter. They had a bouquet of purple roses, a card and snacks waiting in the guest room for me when I arrived. I had so much fun getting to know the sisters in the chapter!! One sister, Megan, actually took me to the football game on Saturday, when the Kansas State Wildcats played my Nebraska Cornhuskers. I had a blast! It was so cool to be close to my own team!


Megan and her boyfriend had to leave the game after the first half, so I watched the second half of the game with my second cousins, Jimmy, Bob and Justin. Jimmy and Bob graduated from K- State and Justin is Bob’s son, who is a senior at Kansas University. It was so great to see them. After the game, Jimmy and Bob took us around Manhattan for a little bit, as they reminisced about their life in college. It was fun. We attempted to spell KSU in the photo below and realized later that I did the K backwards and Justin did the S backwards! We had a good laugh.


While in Kansas I was also able to meet up with two of my chapter sisters, Dana and Heather, for dinner, in Kansas City. It was so great to see them both and catch up with them. I miss them!


I headed to Omaha for about 24 hours. I had originally taken vacation to go to the Celine Dion concert, but she had to reschedule it for February, because she is sick. It was nice to have a day off and see my family. Mom and Dad came home and ate lunch with me and Stefanie. We had a family dinner (minus Ryan) and then a few of my friends from high school, Lauren, Alysa and LeAnna, came over to sit in my family’s hot tub with me. It was freezing outside, so sitting in the hot tub was perfect! We sat in the hot tub for 2 hours, laughing, talking and catching up. We are planning on doing it again next Wednesday, when I am home for Thanksgiving!!

No comments: