Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sweet November

It's officially November and I am in Pennsylvania enjoying the last few nice days of fall. The Political Election maybe over, but officer elections within the chapters are just getting started, and I am doing what I can to help guide chapters through the process. I am still pretty busy with one- on- one meetings, executive and chapter meetings, but I have had a little more time to do fun things with the chapters I have been visiting.

After leaving Purdue, I headed to the University of Iowa to visit the sisters of Sigma Chapter. I was at the University of Iowa for Halloween. My sister was kind of worried that I wouldn’t do anything fun for Halloween, but a few of the sisters of Sigma took me out to dinner at the Olive Garden and then to a movie, The Duchess. We had a great time! One of my Associate Directors, Jen, came to Iowa City for a few days, to help with officer elections, so it was great to spend time with her. Overall the visit was very successful and a lot of fun!! These women are so sweet and it was a great way to spend Halloween weekend!

The flights were very expensive to fly out of Iowa, so I ended up taking a half day to drive to Omaha and I was able to fly out of Omaha the next day. It was nice to spend a few hours at home. I was able to hang out with Mom, Stef and Colin, eat a home- cooked meal, do laundry, and re- pack and lighten my traveling load, and sleep in my own bed. Mom, Stef and I were able spend an hour in the new family hot tub!


Right now I am at Lycoming College in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, visiting the sisters of Iota Mu. I love it here! It is so pretty and the women in the chapter are so sweet! Last night a few of the sisters took me downtown for the First Fridays event. We met up with a few of their friends, Ryan and Mark. We walked around to all of the little shops and art galleries and did “tourist-y” things. We ended up at a new Five & Dime Diner, and we spent a few hours just laughing and talking. After we left the diner we went over to the apartment and played Catch Phrase. I had a blast with these girls! Megan, the chapter’s Area Facilitator, came up to Lycoming for the day to also help with officer elections. I actually worked with Megan this summer at one of The Workouts. She traveled as an ELC during the 2006-2007 school year and worked with many of the chapters I am working with now. We went to lunch with the president and then to dinner with a few of the chapter members. It was to so great to see Megan again and spend the day working with her!!

That’s another great thing about this job- all of the amazing sisters I get to meet and all the friends I have been making along the way!

1 comment:

Kim said...

You look great and I am so jealous that you are getting to travel the country at such a beautiful time of year.

I bet it was great to see your family and spend some time at home, the hot tub sounds nice.

I got your message that your posting haven't been showing up. I changed a setting so maybe that is why, I 'll have to change it back.

I saw that you called tonight we were at Lost In Fun for Mason's party, I can't wait to scrapblog the pictures. I will give you a call tomorrow.

Kim