Thursday, November 27, 2008

So Thankful!

On this Thanksgiving Day I feel very blessed. I have so many things to be thankful for. Here is my list (in no particular order):

1. I am thankful for my family, who love me unconditionally, who are there for me through the good times and the bad, who support me and guide me each and everyday. I love them so much and they make my life complete.

2. I am thankful for my faith. My faith is what guides me, grounds me and gives me hope. I thank the Lord for giving me life, and all of the gifts I am thankful for.

3. I am thankful for my un-biological family, my friends, from every walk of life. They are there for me when I need them, they laugh with me, cry with me and have given me a million awesome memories, and the good times just keep coming. 

4. I am thankful for my Alpha Xi Delta sisters and for Alpha Xi Delta, who have inspired me to realize my potential. I am thankful for my Rho Chapter sisters and for my Alpha Xi friends across the country. I am so thankful that I have been given the opportunity to be an Educational Leadership Consultant. I love my job. I have grown so much from this experience and I've learned so much about myself. I have made friendships that will last a lifetime.

5. I am thankful for technology. It keeps me connected with those that I love, it puts the world at my finger tips.

6. I am thankful for my education and my right to vote and I am thankful for the women who paved the way and fought for both. 

7. I am thankful for my YMCA family and for everything I've learned from working there. I am thankful for Kim, for hiring me and for letting me stay at her house all the time. 

8. I am thankful for the heartaches and pain, for it is part of life, it makes us stronger and it teaches us how to truly live in the moment and appreciate the good things in life. There would be no good, with out the bad; no sunshine, without the rain.

I am thankful for all of this, and much more. I hope you have much to be thankful for. May you and your family have a happy Thanksgiving!

All my love,

Emmy

1 comment:

Kim said...

We are thankful for you as well, I hope you had a wonderful day!

Kim